This June I planned to read 8 books–these are the ones I actually finished.
1) Mr Monk is Open for Business by Hy Conrad–Was a fun, light read.
2) Scribbling in the Sand: Christ and Creativity by Michael Card–There were a few good quotes but I found it a hard read, his conception of God seemed a bit off. Still love the title and the idea though!
3) 21 Principles: Divine Truths to Help You Live by the Spirit by Richard G. Scott–A lot of the chapters in this book were taken from General Conference addresses. No great, new insights struck me but it was a gentle, peaceful read, an immersion in the stability of unchanging truth.
4) The Golden Slipper: And Other Problems for Violet Strange by Anna Katherine Green was a intriguing read. Intriguing, in part, because it held my interest and I didn’t expect it to. It is a collection of short stories in which social debutante solves various problems.
5) Andy’s Escape! The Petersen’s and the Kidnappers! by N.A.M. Welsh–A light read, I enjoyed the inventiveness of the characters in getting out of their predicament.
6) Joyous Health by Joy McCarthy was a good read. She has a warm voice which went nicely with the bright illustrations. A good layman’s overview of health with practical action steps and some great looking recipies.
7) Doctor Who: Magic of the Angels by Jacqueline Rayner was another good, light read. I needed something light after attempting Word from New France: The Selected Letters of Marie de L’Incarnation and G.A. Henty both of which I couldn’t finish.
8) Various Books that weren’t memorable or that I don’t remember because I didn’t plan to read them.
What About You?
What books did you read this June? Any recommendations? Leave a comment below.